Finding an experienced and reputable attorney in a DUI case can be a long and frustrating process. The following consideration may help you find an attorney to represent you.
- Review the American Bar Association Journal article on DUI specialization.
- Does the quoted fee include DMV hearing, expert fees, blood reanalysis, trial, etc.?
- Does the attorney have a ABA- approved Board certification in DUI Defense from the National College for DUI Defense?
- No principled attorney will make promises as to a result in your case.
- Ask for a written contract setting forth all costs and covered services.
- Ask an officer who he would retain if arrested for DUI.
A well-known lawyer known by judges, prosecutors, and other attorneys, with extensive experience can have higher fees. For more information about DUI attorneys’ fees make sure to see “What Will a DUI Attorney Cost?” on the website.
California DUI: A Drunk Driving Legal Guide
Includes recommendations for the best DUI attorneys in Northern and Southern California.
California State Bar
Check an attorney’s complaint and disciplinary record online.